Friday, September 18, 2009

Move On

* Last Saturday was a kick in the gut for Buckeye fans. To be oh so close & miss out again. Texas, Penn State & now USC. All down to the final plays. All losses. Tressel ball can keep us in the games, but the Bucks must be perfect to win.

* Speaking of Tressel & the punt is the most important play. Check out this link.... This coach does not believe in punting & onside kicks every time. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1160256/index.htm

* On to this weekend - I'm a Buckeye fan. To me that means my loyalty & passion will not change from week to week. I hope they smash my alma mater, Toledo (T-O-L-E-D-O, Toledo). I also hope the Rocket offense if very potent so OSU has to learn to put up some points.

* This is the weekend that Lane Kiffin learns to be a little more quiet. Florida will whack Tennessee. Don't expect Florida to take Tebow out until the clock hits 0:00.

* Texas plays Texas Tech this weekend. If you remember, Tech ruined the Longhorns chance to play for the National Championship. Expect Texas to get revenge in a big way. It will be a high scoring Texas win.

* It looks like College football will be the Big 3 this year - Florida, Texas & USC. I hope USC is good enough to run the table & not trip over a lesser opponent. I do think the Pac 10 is much improved. Cal is pretty good. I want USC to dominate that conference.

* Got a chance to see the Vikings & Browns live last Sunday. Couple of observations.
1) The stadium was not full. How does an opening day at Cleveland stadium against a team with so much star power (AP & Favre in particular), not sell out?
2) It was an awesomely beautiful day.
3) I love Browns fans - I really do. They have incredible passion & like me are fans of a team that has not won a Super Bowl.
4) Pro football players are incredible athletes. The speed, size & hitting on the field. How do more not get permanently injured from this sport?
5) Adrian Peterson is not human. I'm watching this guy warm up before the game - there is no one on either sideline that closely resembles him. The size, power & speed of him - whoa! He runs like a receiver & looks like a linebacker. No one like him. His fourth quarter run.....speechless. That run will be shown in the highlights for years to come. If he stays healthy, he will be mentioned in the same breath as Payton.
6) As much as I want to believe it because he's a Columbus kid & I think a good guy, Brady Quinn is not the answer in Cleveland.

* I hope the season hurries & ends & puts the Indians out of their misery. 1-9 in their last 10. Only 16 more games. They stand at 85 losses. Can they avoid loosing 100?

* One more thought from the Browns game - the camera panned to Lebron in the stadium. The ovation & roar for that guy was incredible. He owns the city of Cleveland.

* I know this was made re-popular while USC was in town, but I don't think there is a better was to define being a friend than the song "Lean On Me". I'm not sure there are any lyrics written that are better than these:

If there is a load you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'd understand
We all need somebody to lean on
Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

No comments: